Brief Writing Team
Our Collective Agreement expires on August 31, 2022. As we prepare for the next round of bargaining, and as per Bylaw 18.2 of the Constitution, the Teacher Bargaining Unit is soliciting from the membership-at-large, up to eight (8) members interested in joining the Brief Writing team.
18.2 When required, the Executive shall appoint a “Brief Writing Team.”
This team is responsible for creating the Brief, a document depicting the Union’s position on LOCAL Collective Agreement matters, which forms the foundation of what is to be bargained with the Employer during negotiations. Members who wish to join the team should have a working knowledge of the current Collective Agreement, have an awareness of current concerns/issues facing teachers, and commit to meet several times. This may include day and/or after school meetings. We are looking for a wide range of experiences, lengths of service in the teaching profession, and areas as representatives on the Brief Writing Team.
- 18.2.1 The Collective Bargaining Committee may make recommendations on the membership of the Brief Writing Team.
- 18.2.2 The members of the Brief Writing Team shall be:
- 220.127.116.11 the Bargaining Unit President,
- 18.104.22.168 the Chief Negotiator/Contract Maintenance Officer, who shall also chair the committee,
- 22.214.171.124 and other members as required, selected from the membership-at-large, appointed by the Executive.
- 18.2.3 The size of this committee should not normally exceed ten (10) members.
Childcare, travel and other costs may be reimbursed as per OSSTF guidelines. If interested, please fill out the survey no later than June 14th, 2022 by 5:00pm. Please provide details to your answers. The TBU Executive will select the membership of this team.
Survey Link - NOW CLOSED
Thank you to all that applied. The team has now been selected.